Some Do’s and Don’t s when you have an automobile accident
- Do NOT admit liability
- Take photographs before vehicle(s) are moved
- Take insurance and other details of the third party
- Report to the nearest police station in cases of theft, third party property damage, bodily injury or death.
- Take the vehicle(s)to a reputable automobile repair shop to obtain an estimate.
*In the event of an emergency in Lagos, please call these Lagos state emergency numbers:
- Police: 767
- Ambulance: 112
- Fire service: 01-6584712,7280500,7280501-3
- Useful Documents to have available:
MOTOR ACCIDENT CLAIM REQUIREMENTS
(a) Estimates of repairs for the insured’s vehicle damaged.
(b) Completed claim form (DOWNLOAD HERE)
(c) Particulars of the third party vehicle involved (if any).
(d) Particulars of the third property damaged (if applicable).
(e) Estimates of loss for third party property.(If any)
(f) Photographs taken at the scene of the accident.
(g) Death certificates (if death of a third party is involved).
(h) Medical report/bill of injured third parties (if there is a claim for third party injured).
(i) Police report.(If applicable)
MOTOR THEFT CLAIM REQUIREMENTS
a) Completed claim form. (download available below)
b) Police interim report.
c) Original certificates of insurance.
d) Original and duplicate of vehicle keys.
e) Original vehicle license.
f) Original purchase receipt/ invoice/ delivery note.
g) Originals of other vehicle registration particulars.
h) Final police report.